To become a follower to Darlene's blog, click on the "follow" tab at the very bottom of the screen.

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Baby's Here

Jordan Elizabeth Franklin arrived approximately an hour and a half ago. My overly-excited son exclaims "She's so beautiful! She's so adorable! Tiny nose, tiny feet, perfectly manicured nails."

She has dark brown hair and black pools for eyes, continuing the Bremner family tradition of dark haired/dark eyed babies that goes back at least to my grandmother. My grandfather was a fair-complexioned Scot, and three of their children took after him. My mother inherited Grandma's dark hair and eyes, and so did I, my children and now, my grandchild.

I confess I am jealous. All of the other grandparents are there (including my ex. Grr.) I am stuck here, without even the reminder that "I'll be there soon enough. I chose to wait so Shelley would have some time to recover." (Because of work--double Grrr.)

The proud Papa says that after Jordan let out her cry and wiggled all over the place (I told him she hasn't had room to move for awhile), she settled down peacefully. Her blood sugar and temperature are a little low, so they have whisked her away to the nursery.

Okay, I can't figure out how to copy Jordan's picture into the blog. Stay tuned.

Jordan's arrival--and work's refusal to allow me to visit--have triggered a lot of feelings about the loss of Jolene. But I will save those thoughts for another day. Today is a day for rejoicing!


5 comments:

Mary Connealy said...

I saw the picture on the email you sent, Darlene. Such a sweet, precious baby. You know, I'm expecting my first grandchild in about a month.
Every time my daughter calls I'm thinking, "Is this it? Is she in labor?"

I can't wait.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Darlene! I can't wait to see her picture.

Kim L.

Lisa Harris said...

How wonderful! Praying you are able to see her in person very soon!

Unknown said...

Hi darlene, congratulations on your new little bundle of joy:) i hope by now you have gotten to hold your grandchild in your arms. i feel your sadness over jolene, we have both lost a loved one this year. we truly have a God of miracles, your grandchild will give your heart a reason to dance a little on this holiday season. God bless, i'm praying for you, isn't it great to know that God is at our side? stay strong, stay faithful!

Jan Parrish said...

Congratulations. How excited you must be. I want to see photo's. I'm getting ready to post more of Kamryn on my blog. (((((h)))))