To become a follower to Darlene's blog, click on the "follow" tab at the very bottom of the screen.

Thursday, March 19, 2009

What next?

I have been blogging for almost a year ... but now that I am choosing to move on from my grief, what on earth should be the focus of my blog?

Maybe I should take my cue from Asaph in Psalm 77. His words in v. 2 echo my feelings last weekend: "When I was in distress, I sought the Lord; at night I stretched out untiring hands and my soul refused to be comforted." (italics mine)

He decided, in v. 10-12, "'To this I will appeal: the years of the right hand of the Most High.' ... I will meditate on all your works and consider all your mighty deeds."

Now, that's a worthy focus. Looking for God's hand in all the minutiae of my life, both big and small. I glance out my window, wishing I could see the "peaks" promised by my street (Peakview).

I had decided against going to Colorado Christian Writers Conference. I still can't afford to go. But ... last night gazing into the mountains as I drove west on Arapahoe Road, my heart hungered for one last trip into their grandeur before I move back to flatland. And few settings are better than YMCA of the Rockies. Pray that I'll have wisdom about whether or not to go.

I moved to Colorado sight unseen nineteen years ago, and fell in love instantly. For the first time since I left my native Maine, I felt I was at home. The mountains do for my spirit what the ocean does; they both remind of the creator God and lead me in worship. I have lived with daily glimpses of snow-capped peaks. I will miss my friends, and I will miss the home of my heart, when I go to Oklahoma. But God is good, and I believe the years behind will eventually pale in comparison to what God has in store for me in the future.

Thanks for joining me on the journey.

News flash: I have received my copies of my second mystery, A String of Murders. Anyone interested in obtaining a copy, feel free to contact me.

3 comments:

Ruthie said...

I hope you can go the the Convention.
And you can always come back and visit, you know.
I'm sure there are things in Oklahoma that you will find wonderful and refreshing, also. Each state has it's beauty.
About blogging - you have such a gift with words, we would like to hear your thoughts on the world around you...how you enjoy the mountains....how you enjoy that grandbaby...what things in OK are becoming wonderful for you etc. etc.
Hugs. Ruthie

susansbooks said...

Darlene,

Do you have any idea where I could find a picture of the cover for A String of Murders? I am praising God for the progress you have made since I started reading your blog, and asking Him to bless your future plans.

Tami said...

I hope you can go to the conference as well. I had never heard of it before, I may have to look into in the coming years. (I would really like to gestarted in doingt more serious about my writing - if you have any sage advice, I'd love to hear it. ;)
You'll enjoy Oklahoma. I miss the plains of Kansas, as crazy as that sounds. There is nothing like a Kansas/Oklahoma thunderstorm. God puts his power on display - just like He does with the ocean and mountains. Enjoy!