To become a follower to Darlene's blog, click on the "follow" tab at the very bottom of the screen.

Monday, May 25, 2009

Moving

Today I wanted to write a moving blog about Memorial Day (I did cry during church yesterday, grief for Jolene overwhelming me).

But all I can think about is moving. I have hit the project hard this weekend: about 20 bags of trash and maybe 10 boxes of stuff to give away. Mom's closet, 2 bureaus and 1 hope chest left to sort through. It's close to being ready to sweep through and throw everything into boxes.

However, last night my knee informed me that it had had enough. As good an excuse as any to take it easy for the day.

Mom asked me if I've found anything that makes me happy. It has been fun to run across bits of Jaran and Jolene's childhoods that I had forgotten: a story Jaran had written. Jolene's first "picture." Even photos of me as a child. A bulletin from the church where I came to know the Lord. A letter to Mom from the grandfather I never met ... interesting, yes.

But mostly it's just plain hard work. I've watched the entire season of Castle and Cupid via the internet while I've been sorting. And made a dent in episodes of NCIS that I missed.

I'm rambling here, I know. I can't wait for the work to be over and to be in Oklahoma with my family. Less than 3 weeks to go!

1 comment:

Jan Parrish said...

I love Castle. So good that you have stuff to keep busy during this anniversary.

It was fun having coffee last week. Praying for you!