To become a follower to Darlene's blog, click on the "follow" tab at the very bottom of the screen.

Sunday, November 7, 2010

BOOKS IN REVIEW

Last month I missed Mom because of a book she would have loved.

This month I cried myself silly, missing mother and daughter, after reading Crossing Oceans by Gina Holmes. A young, unmarried mother, is dying, and has to decide who will care for her daughter after her death. I raced through the book and didn't realize how close I felt to the story until the epilogue--when the daughter, now a grown woman, reads her mother's journal.

Oh, Mom. Oh, Jolene.

A wonderful, compelling story.

I also read some new authors: Dead Reckoning, by Ronie Kondig; a terrific romantic suspense; and my first "bugman" books, Shoofly Pie by Tim Downs. Both excellent!

I also recommend a thoughtful mystery called In the Wind by Barbara Fister. The mystery compares the Patriot Act with some of the government actions during the Vietnam war. No one is all good or bad in this thoughtprovoking story.

What good books have you read lately?

No comments: