To become a follower to Darlene's blog, click on the "follow" tab at the very bottom of the screen.

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Early April Showers

Carla Gade (Writingtodistraction.blogspot.com) wrote about Maine's five seasons in a recent post: spring, summer, fall, winter--and mud. I remember Maine's "mud" season well. March held some of the promise of spring but little of the joy.

March in Oklahoma is a delight. The dogwoods and redwoods and crabapple trees come into bloom. My lilac bush is blooming. The weather is the all-round perfect temperature, 70 degrees. It's been a gorgeous month.

Today brought April showers a few days early. We need rain, even if my bones don't like it. As I hobbled through the damp air into church, I passed a pair of geese. Our nesters have returned! What joy and anticipation they brought to us last year.

God has also brought "showers of blessings" on me this week as well. He's opened several more doors wide open for me. I'm still pinching myself that my dream of writing fulltime has come true . . . and telling myself if I continue to act totally surprised at each development, people will get tired of hearing about it. Work is always a blessing and welcome, but perhaps it's time I accept that "yes, it's really happening."

Unfortunately, today's "showers" also found me slipping on the floor of the restaurant . . . falling from head to toe on my left side. . . no broken bones, PTL! But bruised and sore muscles surrounding a severely arthritic hip. Not fun.

I'll end on a grandma note. Ate dinner with the kids on Friday night. Isaiah laughed and played with me. Jordan thumbed through my latest release (Love's Raid) from beginning to end. I suspect she was looking for pictures between the covers! Or maybe she noticed my picture at the front. And today she serenaded me with a variety of nursery rhymes. Fun times! (More showers of blessings!)

2 comments:

windycindy said...

I have two very bad knees and you have my empathy on your falling!
So glad you did not break any bones...
Take care of yourself!
Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

Carla Gade said...

I'm sure you don't miss the mud and am sorry to hear about your fall. Ow! Praying for a fast recovery.

I am rejoicing with you over your showers of blessings! You have me singing that hymn! There shall be showers of blessing, showers of blessing indeed...