To become a follower to Darlene's blog, click on the "follow" tab at the very bottom of the screen.

Sunday, October 20, 2013

CROCODILE TEARS

I wrote on Facebook last night that I wanted to cry crocodile tears. I don't feel much better today. But I had several wonderful moments, which I will share (the crocodile tears are for a disappointment that I don't need to "feed" by blabbing here.)

For one thing, I met two new readers. Actually met them, in person. They came to the nursing home for other reasons, learned I was an author, and stayed to visit. On most days that would send me over the moon for a couple of days.

Then my son and granddaughter came to visit. I had a puzzle to put together with my granddaughter. She said, "I don't know how to do a puzzle--but proceeded to put it together.

Jaran (my son) sat behind me, his foot tapping my chair. I asked him if he was nervous. He said, no, he was always doing that. Son, son, have you inherited my restless legs syndrome?

When we finished the puzzle, Jordan asked I had any more. I said I had another puzzle I was saving for her brother because that was a little boy puzzle (24 pieces) and not a big girl puzzle (45 pieces) like the one we just finished. She must have liked me calling her a "big girl," because she asked me to get more big-girl puzzles. :)

And Dom won Project Runway, not the super-fashionable but ugly fashions by Alexandria (even though she is an inspiring, wonderful woman.)

And tonight I get to watch my beloved Broncos play on national TV.

So the weekend isn't all bad.

Visit with you next week.

1 comment:

bonton said...

Glad you were able to find joy in some of the little things, Darlene! When it comes down to it - it seems that it is often the little things that mean the most! Praying your joys outnumber your disappointments!

bonnieroof60(at)yahoo(dot)com