To become a follower to Darlene's blog, click on the "follow" tab at the very bottom of the screen.

Thursday, July 10, 2014

READING AND WRITING

Yes, Priceless Pearl is written, edited, and submitted!  Hurrah!

I have even added 1K on Runaway Love.  When I read through what I've written, relief, it's pretty good. I hope. So . . .

I'm even working on a possible Christmas novella. An Apple for Christmas

As for reading:

A Distant Melody by Sarah Sundin. Christian historical romance during WWII. A great book, one that I greatly enjoyed and heartily endorse. It even managed to give the nitty gritty of bombing raids without boring me to tears (I'm not big into battle scenes in general)

The Beam by Johnny B. Truant. Some kind of sci-fi/fantasy which I didn't enjoy at all. Unlike Gameland, the Zombie book which drew me in and made me want to read more.

Infinite Sacrifice by L.E. Waters features reincarnation. I don't believe in reincarnation, but I did enjoy the ongoing stories, through ancient Sparta, Vikings in Denmark, and plague-ridden London. But instead of wrapping up the character's journey at the end, the "guide" says how all religions lead to the same God and how her journey is continuing on to the next life. . .a decent story ruined by an unsatisfactory ending.

No comments: